RECIPE FOR HUMANITY
- Take a family in need, knowing you’ll help someone who wants to succeed.
- Mix that up with volunteers young and old, a pinch that adds all kinds of soul.
- Make sure you have people of all races, for without that this recipe would be tasteless.
- Then you add donations, tears of joy, togetherness, property, tools, faith and pride.
- Make sure you have all these ingredients right by your side.
- Add pounds and pounds of love, patience and a big smile.
- Then you stir it up and let is sit for awhile.
- The most important ingredient, which is really first as well as last.
- Is Thanks to the Lord for the future as well as the past.
- Stir slowly to make sure it’s all blended.
- Don’t give up until the project is ended.
Crystal Shepherd, Central HFH Partner Family, Cleveland Ohio
[Habitat for Humanity Cookbook: Partners in the Kitchen from Our House to Yours]